Bienvenue sur mon blog tout le monde!
(Welcome to my blog everyone!)

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Neko no Shuukai~ by Makoto Shinkai

This is basically the kind of animation I love.  Obviously, I my taste lies in the very complex and detailed ways of Japanese animation, but that's just the kind of person I am: very detail-oriented.  The realism in the lighting, the colors and the animation itself is just too awesome to me!  The contrast of the cat's simple design to all the other characters and the background is cute.  I also like the comedic aspect to this.  I love the unusual plots and unique characters that the Japanese always seem to come up with.  I've also been a huge fan of Hayao Miyazaki since I was a toddler. (The very first VHS I owned and first movie I ever watched was My Neighbor Totoro.)  I also enjoy American animation, thus my dream to work at Disney.
Here's another short that obviously is just a rough animation.  It's by J.G. Quintel, who is the creator of Regular Show.  He has extremely avant-garde plots but his characters match them perfectly.  The expressions are believable and they seriously act like people who you can meet anywhere nowadays!  I seriously did not want to watch that at all because of how stupid I thought it was, but a couple of friends told me to give it a chance and now I think it is hilarious.  This short is kinda vulgar because of swearing and other topics, but we're all here to see animation styles, right?  (That was a warning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment